Did you know that...
- π=3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 58209 74944 59230 78164 06286 20899 86280 34825 34211 70679 82148 08651 32823 ...
- A sphere has two sides. However, there are one-sided surfaces.
- There are shapes of constant width other than the circle. One can even drill square holes.
- There are just five regular polyhedra
- In a group of 23 people, at least two have the same birthday with the probability greater than 1/2
- Everything you can do with a ruler and a compass you can do with the compass alone
- Among all shapes with the same perimeter a circle has the largest area.
- There are curves that fill a plane without holes
- Much as with people, there are irrational, perfect, complex numbers
- As in philosophy, there are transcendental numbers
- As in the art, there are imaginary and surreal numbers
- A straight line has dimension 1, a plane - 2. Fractals have mostly fractional dimension
- You are wrong if you think Mathematics is not fun
- Mathematics studies neighborhoods, groups and free groups, rings, ideals, holes, poles and removable poles, trees, growth ...
- Mathematics also studies models, shapes, curves, cardinals, similarity, consistency, completeness, space ...
- Among objects of mathematical study are heredity, continuity, jumps, infinity, infinitesimals, paradoxes...
- Last but not the least, Mathematics studies stability, projections and values, values are often absolute but may also be extreme, local or global.
- Trigonometry aside, Mathematics comprises fields like Game Theory, Braids Theory, Knot Theory and more
- One is morally obligated not to do anything impossible
- Some numbers are square, yet others are triangular
- The next sentence is true but you must not believe it
- The previous sentence was false
- 12+3-4+5+67+8+9=100 and there exists at least one other representation of 100 with 9 digits in the right order and math operations in between
- One can cut a pie into 8 pieces with three movements
- Program=Algorithms+Data Structures
- There is something the dead eat but if the living eat it, they die.
- A clock never showing right time might be preferable to the one showing right time twice a day
- Among all shapes with the same area circle has the shortest perimeter
||Next||||Contact| |Front page| |Contents||
Copyright © 1996-2018 Alexander Bogomolny